martes, 6 de enero de 2009

it'sthemoneyshot, we love you!

One of our favourites moments of our shows in New York, was while we were playing at the Lit Lounge, and suddenly a stranger appeared and started dancing. He kept dancing the whole show; non-stop. I tried to go and talk with him after the show. He was sitting and writing in a notebook. Alex told me: Ana...maybe he'S THE MONEY SHOT! And, yes! he was!. I went back later to talk to him but he was already gone; I would have loved to hug him.
And now, I've found this new post at his blog:

"Listen up. I have an extremely important announcement--we have to make Cof Cof famous immediately. The Spanish duo recently revealed that they are actually a trio, and their third member is being held captive until the world recognizes how awesome they are. The "third" is kept in a dark room slaving away to create the hot jams that Ana and Alex take credit for.

This is the premise of "Third", the latest track by Valencia's electro darlings. The song doesn't evoke the carefree summer sound of "Forbidden Cocktail" or "Caribbean Boy", but releasing a song like that in the middle of winter would be totally depressing. However, the sounds aren't drastically different from anything you'd hear on Who Said Party?, and the theme reflects their consistent sense of humor and quirkiness.

When I was working on the short-lived Audience Critic blog (bringing it back in '09!), I attended Cof Cof's show at Lit Lounge with the intention of writing a critique of their audience. I even took notes on a napkin, and if I will write that damn piece if I ever find said napkin. Why am I bringing this up? Well, even if I was paying a lot of attention to the audience, I did happen to notice that Cof Cof were the two cutest people on this entire planet. For that reason, I wish them fame and glory. And if they achieve it, I am going to be shocked as fuck when I discover their whole "joke" about a third member wasn't a joke at all..."


No hay comentarios: